Jiangsu Woman Dies after Enduring Six Arrests and Multiple Harassments for Her Faith

After regaining her health from practicing Falun Gong, Ms. Wang Fazhi was subjected to two decades of persecution for continuing the practice. Some of her health issues recurred as a result of the persecution, and she passed away on July 21, 2020. She is survived by her husband, a son, and a daughter, who have grown up witnessing the persecution of their parents.

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is an ancient spiritual and meditation discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.
Taking Up Falun Gong

Ms. Wang, a Lianyungang City, Jiangsu Province resident, used to suffer very poor health when she was in her 30s. Her husband spent most of his income on her medical treatment, but her condition nonetheless worsened and she also developed a mental disorder. She stayed in a mental hospital for six months and became emaciated. With their two children still young, the couple didn’t know how to go on with their life.

The family’s fate changed when Ms. Wang was introduced to Falun Gong in the spring of 1998. Much to her surprise, her serious health issues disappeared soon after learning Falun Gong. Upon seeing her changes, her husband also took up the practice. The family was filled with joy and happiness.

Ms. Wang lived by Falun Gong’s principles of “Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance,” and treated everyone around her very well.
Targeted for Speaking Out

In late June 2000, nearly one year after the communist regime ordered the persecution of Falun Gong, Ms. Wang and her husband went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong. They were arrested, sent back to Lianyungang, and detained for a month. Each was extorted of 5,000 yuan by the police, and the money was never returned.

From that point on, the family became a key target in the persecution. The police often came to harass them during major local events, and anniversaries related to Falun Gong.

Ms. Wang was arrested again on December 2, 2000 and held in a brainwashing center for over a month. She was subjected to interrogation around the clock, forced to write thought reports and make a confession on TV to admit her wrongdoing in practicing Falun Gong.

Both Ms. Wang and her husband were arrested again in the spring of 2001 and held in a brainwashing center for two weeks.

In 2007, Ms. Wang was reported for distributing Falun Gong materials. Both she and her husband were arrested and had their home ransacked. They were detained at a detention center for a month, before their family was able to secure their release.

Ms. Wang was arrested one more time in September 2015 for filing a criminal complaint against Jiang Zemin, the former leader of the Chinese communist regime who ordered the persecution of Falun Gong in 1999. She was detained in the police station for ten days and then rejected admission by the detention center for having dangerously high blood pressure.

Four years later, on September 18, 2019, Ms. Wang was arrested again and had her home ransacked. Her husband was also arrested while seeking her release at the police station. Both were detained 37 days and released on bail after paying 10,000 yuan bail bond.
Health Declines

Ms. Wang began to experience health issues after she was released in October 2019. She was very weak, unable to walk stably and had blurred vision. Not long after she recovered by practicing Falun Gong, on June 18, 2020 the police harassed her and her husband again, and threatened to send them to prison if they didn’t give up Falun Gong.

The mental pressure left Ms. Wang in deep distress. She fell into critical condition shortly after. After 18 days of struggle and resuscitation, she passed away on the evening of July 21.

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.