Wang Shuchun, deputy secretary of the Political and Security Committee in Taishan District, Taian City, Shandong Province is also head of the "610 Office." Since July 20, 1999, this individual has willingly followed Jiang Zemin's criminal policies to persecute Falun Gong. Below are the crimes committed, that he ordered and directed others to do:
1. Abducting and beating Falun Gong practitioners: Under Wang Shuchun's direction, the police broke into Falun Gong practitioners' homes and work units, hid at train stations and residential areas and mass arresting Dafa practitioners. They abused practitioners by hitting them, kicking them, beating them with batons and humiliating them in other ways.
2. Searching homes without warrants or proper legal procedures, confiscating property and extorting fines: The police in Taian City searched practitioners' homes at will, confiscated their personal belongings, including bicycles, motorcycles, jewellry, watches, computers, televisions, cassette players, video players, DVDs, personal savings and Falun Dafa books. According to insiders in the police department, the ownership of some of these confiscated properties had been unlawfully transferred to the policemen themselves. Under Wang's orders, the police extorted illegal fines from arrested Dafa practitioners for their personal enrichment. Practitioners who were forcibly abducted by the authorities and taken to a brainwashing class were fined 150 to 1,000 Yuan per day [500 Yuan is the average monthly salary for urban workers in China]. Some practitioners were fined over 7,000 Yuan during just one session of the brainwashing class. Some became homeless and destitute; others were separated from their families. Wang Shuchun and his followers used the extorted money for themselves, for dining, entertaining and also re-distributed some of it as bonuses to other police officers for their participation in the persecution.
3. Suspending practitioners' jobs and salaries without just reason: Some Dafa practitioners were fired from their jobs, some were suspended from their jobs and their salaries were withheld. Those whose jobs were maintained were only paid enough to cover basic living expenses, while some had their entire salary withheld. These illegal actions caused tremendous difficulties for practitioners' lives.
4. Improper monitoring and wiretapping: Since July 20, 1999, Wang directed police under his command to monitor and wiretap practitioners' communication devices. No matter whether it was day or night, the authorities broke into practitioners' homes at any time to conduct improper searches. Sometimes, they even lived in practitioners homes for several days, which added to an atmosphere of terror and interfered with practitioners' normal family lives.
5. Illegal detention: The police willfully detained Dafa practitioners and locked them in detention centres. Some practitioners were brutally beaten by regular criminals by order of the police. The beatings caused great physical and mental harm to detained practitioners.
6. Sentencing practitioners to forced labour camps without trial: The police willfully abducted practitioners and transported them to labour camps without trial. Once there, the wardens ordered guards and common criminals to use all means to torture practitioners. Many practitioners who were illegally sent to labour camps were shocked with electric batons, causing bruises and burns all over their bodies. Some practitioners became unconscious from extended periods of sleep deprivation. Some practitioners' bones were broken and their skin and muscles sustained bruises and injuries. This occurred from being forced to sit on hard stools for days at a time. Some were bound on a torture device known as the "dead person's bed"* for more than week and could not turn over or sit. Some were beaten into a coma. Some were hung up by their handcuffs from bunk beds or window frames, with only their toes touching the floor. The regular criminals would then torture them by heavily squeezing their ribs and sensitive acupuncture points, which caused excruciating pain. Those practitioners who protested the mistreatment by conducting hunger strikes were brutally force-fed. The police force-fed them with a solution that contained a high density of salt and added drugs that are known to destroy one's central nervous system. In the meantime, no matter whether one was young or old, practitioners were forced to perform heavy manual labour for extended periods. Many practitioners became ill and were covered with scabies from the horrific conditions. As a result of the barbarous conditions and cruel torture methods, their health quickly deteriorated. Wang Shuchun was the person responsible for ordering police to send practitioners who had clarified the truth and to prisons without proper legal procedure.
7. Committing practitioners to mental hospitals for the purpose of persecuting them: Some Dafa practitioners were forced into mental hospitals though they were alert and had no previous history of mental illness, often without knowledge of their family members. Once in the mental hospital, the practitioners were persecuted by being forced to undergo "forceful treatment" and given drug injections without consent.
8. Manipulating people to commit crimes against innocent people. For the purpose of greed and personal gain, Wang Shuchun directed his subordinates to exert all their efforts to persecute Falun Gong. Many kind policemen and heads of different organisations were manipulated into participating in this crackdown of innocent Falun Gong practitioners as a result of having ignorance or misunderstanding about Falun Gong. Many were pressured by Wang to follow his orders, which caused these types of people to commit tremendous crimes. Wang Shuchun also ordered various organisations and street administration offices to run a propaganda campaign to defame Falun Gong. Additionally, he conspired to get people from all walks of life, including students, to sign petitions against Dafa. This deceived many kind people and caused them to hate Dafa and Dafa practitioners. Some of those people then subsequently were used to monitor and report Dafa practitioners to the authorities, and others tore up Dafa truth-clarifying materials.
Over the past four years, out of loyalty to Jiang Zemin's Regime, Wang Shuchun has carried out Jiang's genocidal policy of "ruin Falun Gong practitioners' reputations, devastate them financially and destroy them physically." Under Wang's plotting and conniving, with his instructions and direct participation, hundreds of practitioners were monitored, abducted and detained. Over a dozen Dafa practitioners were sent to labour camps, two were sentenced, numerous practitioners were fined and their homes were searched.
Another perpetrator is Meng Xiuqin, secretary of the Political and Security Committee in Taishan District.
Wang Shuchun: (86)-538-8227176 (home)
Meng Xiuqin: (86)-538-8259067 (home)
* The four limbs of the practitioner are stretched out and tied to the four corners of an icy-cold metal bed. The practitioner cannot move at all. Neither is he allowed to get up to eat, drink, or go to the toilet. This treatment would last from several hours up to more than a dozen days. This type of cruel torture causes severe damage to the practitioner both mentally and physically.
Chinese version available at http://www.minghui.cc/mh/articles/2003/11/13/60511.html
You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.