Prisoner in China Witnesses Brutal Persecution and Learns the Truth About Falun Dafa

I was found guilty of fraud and served time in the Yang'ai Women's Prison in Guizhou Province, China. One day in July of 2003, a Falun Gong practitioner was escorted to the squadron where I served. The captain of the correctional unit called us into the office, and in a very tense atmosphere (because the head of the battalion was present), assigned us the tasks of monitoring the Falun Gong practitioner's daily activities such as eating, sleeping, walking, going to the bathroom, and working. We were to keep a close eye on her and not let her casually speak with anyone. We had to keep track of everything she did and report it to the captain. Otherwise we would be penalized. But this Falun Gong lady looked very kind and so we couldn't understand why we should keep an eye on her.

The next day, this Falun Gong practitioner told us that she was not guilty of any crimes. She was illegally sentenced and incarcerated because she had exposed the persecution of Falun Gong. Before she was escorted to the prison, she had been detained in the local detention center for nine months and forced to wear heavy iron shackles constantly. She had suffered inhumane torture. Even during the thousand-mile journey to the prison, she had been fettered with the iron shackles and handcuffs for the whole journey. She showed us her feet, ankles, hands and wrists, wounded with purple scars. As she was talking to us, suddenly the captain shouted from downstairs and asked us why we hadn't brought her to work. The Falun Gong practitioner told us that she was not a criminal and refused to work.

After the captain heard about the situation, she hastily ran upstairs and without listening to the explanation that the Falun Gong practitioner gave, ordered us to forcibly drag her to the vegetable field about a mile away.

The Falun Gong practitioner was dragged to the ground floor from the second story of the building and all the way to the vegetable field by a number of prisoners. Because the trail was very rocky and bumpy, her clothes and shoes were in tatters, and blood covered her body as she was dragged along the ground. She still refused to cooperate once she arrived at the field. The captain then ordered the prisoners to repeatably drag her up and down the hill. Finally, she collapsed and her head struck a rock. We were all stunned to see that her head and clothes covered with blood. In the end, she was sent to the infirmary.

I accompanied her at her bedside that afternoon, and I felt awful. When she woke up, she asked me where she was and I told her what had happened. She was so calm and looked at me with kindness, and started telling me about the persecution of Falun Gong. She told me that "If one wants to lead a life of goodness, she must follow the principles of Truthfulness, Compassion and Tolerance."

I listened to a lot of things she told me, with the time passing by very quickly. Two days later, after having completed my prison term, I was released and left this revered and honorable practitioner.

After I got out, I had the opportunity to learn more about the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners by the Chinese Communist Party, especially the heinous crime of harvesting and trafficking Falun Gong practitioners' organs. I firmly believe what the practitioner once told me. Today, many people have awakened to the truth and are no longer fooled by the lies of Jiang Zemin and his scoundrel gang. They have bravely joined the grand tide of quitting the CCP and its affiliated organizations, and chosen a bright future for themselves.

My respected Falun Gong practitioner: I'm pleased to tell you that I too have chosen a good future by withdrawing from the CCP. I have informed the world's people of my eyewitness account of your tragic persecution, and once again found my conscience.

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.