Mr. Wang Ren Dies after Prolonged Persecution

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

Mr. Wang Ren, 53, from Wuchang Town, Wuchang City, was employed by the Wuchang City Procuratorate in Heilongjiang Province. Before he began practising Falun Gong in August 1996, he suffered from Meniere's disease, cholecystitis, and also had his gallbladder removed. He was often rushed to the emergency room due to his poor health.

After practising Falun Gong, all of his symptoms disappeared, thus saving his employer thousands of yuan1 in medical expenses per year. In addition, Mr. Wang was well liked and respected by both his colleagues and neighbours.

On July 22nd, 1999, Jiang Zemin's regime [former leader of China and instigator of the persecution] started persecuting Falun Gong. Officers from the Wuchang City Police Department arrested and detained Mr. Wang for more than twelve days. He was released only after the police forced him to promise to stop practising Falun Gong. When he went to Beijing to appeal in November 2000, he was detained in the Wuchang City First Detention Centre for 40 days, The guards brutally tortured him both mentally and physically.

When Mr. Wang was on the brink of death, his wife strongly demanded his release. The police eventually released him. However, his employer assigned people to take turns monitoring Mr. Wang at his home 24 hours a day, even in his weakened state.

To protect his life, his wife moved him out of their home and hid him somewhere else. The Wuchang City Procuratorate then fired Mr. Wang, forcing him to live away from his home without a source of income. Officers often went to his home to harass his family. He dared not to return home even for his son's wedding.

On June 18th, 2005, Domestic Security agents, Zhan Zhigang and Liu Ying, etc. arrested him and sentenced him to three years in the Changlinzi Men's Forced Labour Camp. The guards used many cruel torture methods to try to force Mr. Wang to renounce his beliefs. He was also forced to perform slave labour for eleven hours a day. Under such brutal mental and physical stress, Mr. Wang fell gravely ill.

The Province Hospital diagnosed him as having late stage liver cancer, but the Camp Administration Office hid this fact from both him and his family. In order to shirk their responsibilities, the Wuchang City 610 Office2 took him home on February 1st, 2007.

To earn a living, Mr. Wang had to work despite the fact that he was severely ill. By the end of November 2008, he was bedridden. He died at 8 p.m. on December 11th, 2008.

Person's involved in persecuting Mr. Wang:

Sun Xianchen, vice secretary of the Wuchang City Chinese Communist Party (CCP) (in charge of persecution affairs)
Zhu Xianfu, vice secretary of the Wuchang City CCP Political and Judiciary Committee and the chair of the 610 Office
Chen Shusen, deputy director of the Wuchang City Police Department (in charge of persecution affairs)
Liu Fang, chief of the police department in the Wuchang City Domestic Security Division
Lu Bo, director of the Wuchang City First Detention Centre


1. "Yuan" is the Chinese currency; 500 yuan is equal to the average monthly income of an urban worker in China.

2. "The 610 office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.

Chinese version available at

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.