The Persecution of Ms. Sun Jinjun, a Teacher at the Anshan City No. 15 Middle School

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

Ms. Sun Jinjun was employed as an art teacher at the No. 15 Middle School. She's been severely persecuted for many years, including being detained in two forced labour camps. Now she barely makes enough money to cover even her most basic needs.

Ms. Sun Jinjun's older sister, Ms. Sun Yuhua, was formerly employed at the Anshan Steel Construction and Motor Transportation Company. When she did not give up practising Falun Gong, she was taken to Dabei Prison in Shenyang City, Liaoning Province, in 2003. The prison guards brutally tortured her and eventually beat her to death. Ms. Sun Yuhua was only 37 when she died. (see

When Ms. Sun Jinjun was working as an art teacher at the No. 15 Middle School, she was described as a "good teacher--dependable, reliable, and responsible." In 2000, someone reported her for saying, "Falun Gong is good for the country and for the people" during a classroom discussion. Police officers collaborated with the principal of the school to arrest her. She was later sentenced to two years in the Anshan City Forced Labour Camp.

For the first six months of her imprisonment, Ms. Sun refused to watch any videos that slandered Falun Gong. Zhang Zhenyang, the director of the camp, ordered the male guards and a female police officer, Qi Hua, to brutally beat and shock Ms. Sun with electric batons. This disfigured her face and made her eyes very swollen. Several other practitioners were also brutally beaten to varying degrees.

Ms. Sun was secretly transferred to Masanjia Forced Labour Camp, where she was tortured by Wang Xiaofeng and Xue Feng, both females. Ms. Sun was force-fed, locked in a small cell1, handcuffed behind her back, deprived of sleep, and shackled and hung off the ground for many days in a row. In addition, she was detained for over ten months beyond her original term.

Unable to endure the hardships of his wife's imprisonment, Ms. Sun's husband divorced her. Their child was only four years old at the time. Ms. Sun suffered a mental collapse due to the torture.

In early 2006, Ms. Sun was again arrested by the Shuangshan Police Station and was detained for over ten days. The police handcuffed her to one side of a bed with her feet shackled to the other side. She remained in this position for nine days and nights. She was not allowed to move or go to the toilet and was brutally force-fed. When she left the detention centre, she could not even stand up and had to be carried.

The Shuangshan Police Station tried to sentence her to two years of forced labour, but the labour camp rejected her due to her poor health. Since 2006, the No. 15 Middle School has withheld Ms. Sun's meagre pension of only a few hundred yuan2 per month.


1. Small cell - The detainee is confined alone in a very small cell. The guards handcuff the practitioner behind her back in a fixed position, so that she can neither move nor lie down. The small cell is very damp and no sunshine comes in. A bucket in the cell serves as the toilet. Only half of a regular meal is served each day. During the night rats run around. The stench in the small cell is so bad that it is difficult to breathe.

2. "Yuan" is the Chinese currency; 500 yuan is equal to the average monthly income of an urban worker in China.

Chinese version available at

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.