A Fellow Practitioner Recounts How Ms. Wang Fengqin from Yantai City, Shandong Province, Died as a Result of Persecution Six Years Ago

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

I am a Falun Gong practitioner in Yantai City. Here I want to tell how policeman Gao Xiu and several collaborators caused the death of Ms. Wang Fengqin six years ago, in 2003. They even planned to kill me at that time to cover up the facts.

1. Arrested for distributing Falun Gong leaflets exposing the persecution

While we were distributing Falun Gong leaflets exposing the persecution the evening of January 20ht, 2003, in a residential area in Yantai City, the police arrested Ms. Wang Fengqin and another practitioner and me. I called out, "Falun Gong is good!" I wanted to let the other practitioners get away from the police. I ran down a hill. Five plain clothes policemen ran after me. One of them pushed his knees into my back so hard that I could barely breathe. They then handcuffed me. The knee-pushing policeman could not get up. When another policeman pulled him up, he said, "I hurt my back. Some of you can take him to the police station, then we will go home." The plain clothes agents then pushed me into a police car and drove to the Xinanhe Police Station in Yantai City.

2. Brutal torture: beatings, electric shocks, and scalded with boiling water

Within five minutes after I arrived, the two other practitioners appeared. One policeman kicked me hard in the chest. Another ripped off my winter coat and tied me up in a metal chair. They then started to brutally torture me.

At about 7:00 p.m. police station head Sun Maoliang beat and shocked Ms. Wang Fengqin with an electric baton until 2:00 a.m. the next morning. She did not say anything. Sun Maoliang then poured scalding hot water on her face. She shouted, "Falun Gong is good! Falun Gong is good! Falun Gong is good!" Sun Maoliang was scared and said to Gao Xiu, "I am tired and cannot deal with her" and quickly left the room.

Gao Xiu shocked me with an electric baton. He forced my mouth open, which made me lose one tooth. He then inserted the electric baton into my mouth and shocked me and asked, "Can you still clench your teeth? Can you still call your Teacher [Teacher Li Hongzhi, the founder of Falun Gong] to help you?" He used the nail on the front part of the baton to dig into and shock my jaw. The resulting hole in my jaw did not heal until several months later. The room was filled with smoke from the electric shocks and the policemen's smoking; it was difficult to see clearly. They also kept pouring hot water out of a thermos on me.

The torture continued till 2:00 a.m. the next morning. I lost consciousness and was trembling. A young policeman ran and yelled, "Come! He is dying!" Gao Xiu arrived and looked at me but did not say anything and left. After a while, the police detained Ms. Wang Fengqin and me in separate rooms. Both of us were handcuffed to rings attached to the floor.

3. Ms. Wang Fengqin died as a result of severe abuse in a brainwashing centre

At about 4:30 p.m. on January 27th, the police took us to a brainwashing centre in the Xingfu 16th Village in Yantai City. At the door, Ms. Wang Fengqin told me that, when she arrived, she was scalded with boiling water and had many blisters on her face and neck. I took a look and saw them. She was locked in Room One on the second floor and I was in Room Two. The third practitioner was taken to a big room.

Collaborators Wang Guihong and Gao Yinghua at the centre persecuted practitioners, as did policeman Jiang Tao from Xingfu Police Station. When dinnertime arrived, they ordered us to eat, but we refused. We had been tortured for such a long time, and could barely speak. They began to force-feed Ms. Wang Fengqin. Collaborator Wang Guihong came to the room where I was. There was a table with a sharpened bamboo tube about 5 or 6 cm in diameter in a drawer, along with some ropes. Wang Guihong reached for them, as did I, but Wang Guihong took them. She then tied Ms. Wang Fengqin to a bed and forced her mouth open. She force-fed Ms. Wang with rice soup through the bamboo tube until she died. It was between 4:40-4:45 p.m. on January 27th, 2003.

4. The police planned to kill me to cover up the truth

On the morning of January 28th, Gao Xiu arrived at the brainwashing centre with two other policemen, one of them surnamed Yu. Wang Guihong told them, "There was a death yesterday!" Gao Xiu then said, "There is no problem if two out of three die." At about 4:30 p.m. on January 28th, they took me and another practitioner to the Nanjiao Detention Centre in Yantai.

On February 1st, 2003, I was taken to the interrogation room. A collaborator 1 surnamed Cao questioned me, "Have you heard any news?" I said, "Nothing." She then demanded, "Do you really know nothing?" I said, "No, I did not hear anything."

I knew she was probing to learn whether I had heard of Ms. Wang Fengqin's death, so I pretended to know nothing. She told me the police had planned to beat me to death. She said, "The police have already prepared tools to beat you. They may do it tomorrow instead of today." She was in tears.

I said to her, "Please, tell Wang Fengqin that the police already knew some information about me." I then wrote a note on a slip of paper and handed it go her, asking her to pass it to Ms. Wang Fengqin. She handed it to a collaborator, about 40 years old, from Wangcun Labour Camp. The collaborator, Cao, gave it to Gao Xiu and the other policemen. I heard them laughing loudly.

Collaborator Cao returned and did not say anything. When I went to the toilet, I saw police with metal batons and chains by their side. I knew it was correct that they planned to kill me to cover up the facts. Collaborator Cao wanted to probe me with questions, to test me if I indeed knew of Ms. Wang Fengqin's death.

They did not find anything suspicious, so they just beat me for a while and ordered me not to move. They took turns monitoring me in two-hour shifts of two people each. This lasted more than 50 hours, and they did not let me eat or drink. In the end I asked to go to the toilet. They came with me and waiting until I was finished. They were scared and left, but put me back into the cell a while later.

On February 3rd, 2003, seeing my poor physical condition, two policemen asked several officials to release me, but told me they got nowhere with their requests. They then suggested, "You can also be released by saying something." I was quiet.

5. Reporting the death incident

I received a verdict the morning on June 25th, 2003. Then, at about 1:00 p.m,. I planned to report Ms. Wang Fengqin's death to the police department and Procuratorate. However, the detention centre official withheld the information and only notified the police department head. At about 2:30 p.m. on June 25th, the police department head met with me. When I reported the incident he was scared and said, "Experts have confirmed Ms. Wang Fengqin's death." I told him that Ms. Wang had died as a result of severe abuse in the brainwashing centre in the Xingfu 16th Village. He said, "Nonsense!" Then, realizing that was inappropriate, he added, "I will not take the case" and left.

They then blocked all information. They checked if anyone who was released had notes on them documenting what had happened. On June 25th, 2003 Gao Xiu came to me, agreeing that Ms. Wang Fengqin had died as a result of persecution. He appeared frightened and ordered me to keep it secret. He commented, "I still have two kids in school, please help me." I refused to agree to his request. Xiu could not do anything and left.

At 8:00 a.m. on June 27th, 2003, he came again, asking me to keep it secret; otherwise, he threatened to take me out of the facility for a meal and kill me outside. Seeing that that did not work out, he told me to think about it again and left. He arrived again three days later, on July 1, accompanied by two police agents, one surnamed Yu. Once again they ordered me to keep it secret. I said, "Whoever kills people has to accept responsibility!" They retorted, "You can stop here now. That will not work since you are dealing with the police department." I said, "No, this is not right from any angle." Officer Yu said, "We did not expect you to reveal that; otherwise, we could have killed you before. Or, we can release you. Let's start all over again." However, seeing I had received a court verdict, they did not have an excuse to take me out and kill me. Besides, many inmates there had already heard that Ms. Wang Fengqin had died as a result of abuse.

I was looking for opportunities to file a case regarding Ms. Wang Fengqin's death, but could not. Then, on July 27th, 2003, a Procuratorate official came by. I stopped him and told him of Ms. Wang Fengqin's death as well as the incidents of my severe beatings. He wrote them down and said he would follow up. On August 1st, 2003, he asked me again for details and commented, "If a Procuratorate cannot oversee the police, it is not called a Procuratorate." I never heard from him again.

As mentioned already, the police wanted to kill me to conceal the facts. At the detention centre, I was often unconscious and my blood pressure was as high as 220. The guards tried to force me to do manual labour, but I refused. As a result, guard Cheng Peng kept me in an intensified cell. Later on, one conscientious person from the Procuratorate found this out and said loudly, "These officers are really out of control these days. We need to file cases to handle these cases."

Then, on December 15th, the police took me to Huaibei Prison and incarcerated me there.


1. "Collaborators": former practitioners who have turned against Falun Gong under brainwashing and torture. They are then made to assist in brainwashing and torturing practitioners.

Chinese version available at http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2009/3/15/197139.html

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.