Ms. Liu Guangfeng Dies as a Result of Persecution in the Guangshui City Detention Centre

Ms. Liu Guangfeng, 52, was a staff member at the Grain Department in Guangshui City, Hubei Province. She was honest, quiet, kind, industrious, and well respected. After the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) staged the persecution of Falun Gong, she suffered a tremendous amount of persecution.

On September 30th, 2004, she was arrested by police officers from the Xingyang City Police Department. She was detained in the Guangshui City First Detention Centre, and later sentenced to two years of forced labour. In the Shayang Forced Labour Camp, she was forced to stand for several days and nights. Her legs developed big blisters from being shocked by electric batons, and the guards prohibited her from rolling up her trousers, fearing that it would expose the blisters.

On December 26th, 2004, the women's unit of the Shayang Forced Labour Camp moved to Hongshan District, Wuhan City, and was renamed the Hubei Province Women's Forced Labour Camp. The guards subjected practitioners to sleep deprivation, forced them to squat or stand for long periods of time, had drug addict prisoners kick their abdomen and private areas and pinch their breasts, shocked them with electric batons, and forced them to sit on a small stool for a long time. Ms. Liu's abdomen, private areas and thighs were black and blue all over due to the physical abuse. In spite of that, she was still forced to work in the workshop for more than ten hours each day. Sometimes, she was prohibited from brushing her teeth and washing her face. When all of the others went to bed, Bao Kun and Liu Xiaoli, the inmates assigned to persecute her, took turns watching her and forced her to squat until 2:00 a.m. or 3:00 a.m. One time, when she disclosed the persecution she suffered to others, guard Yu Lijun threatened her, "You will suffer even more in the future."

On January 7th, 2009, Ms. Liu took a train to Wuhan City, and she was arrested for reading a Falun Gong, Zhuan Falun, on the train by police officers from the Hubei Police Station. At around 2:00 a.m. on January 8th, 2009, more than ten police officers from the Wuhan City Railway Police Department broke into her home and seized her computer and leaflets exposing the persecution of Falun Gong.

On February 8th, 2009, Ms. Liu was taken to the Guangshui City First Detention Centre and detained there. On the afternoon of April 2nd, 2009, the authorities of the detention centre suddenly notified her family to pick her up. In the detention centre, her family members found that she could not speak, walk, or eat, and the skin from her neck to her feet and her fingers was all black and blue. There were scars around her neck.

She was critically ill when she arrived at home. At 1:00 a.m. on April 4th, 2009, she passed away.

Zhang Daoliang, Director of the Guangshui City Police Department: 86-722-6232334 ext. 3401 (O), 86-13308662841 (Mobile)
Lin Fuming, Deputy Director: 86-722-6232334 ext. 3405 (O), 86-722-6248108 (H), 86-13997892519 (Mobile)
Zhang Huazhou, Director of the State Security Division: 86-722-6248158 (H), 86-722-6232334 ext. 5226 (O), 86-13396170532 (Mobile)
Cao Chaoqun, Head of the 610 Office: 86-722-6233802 (H), 86-722-6243233 (O), 86-0722-6232221 (O), 86-13972986355 (Mobile)

Chinese version available at

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.