Falun Gong Practitioners Relentlessly Persecuted Under the "Healthy Influence of Education"

Under the facade of kindness, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has come up with a new method of persecuting Falun Gong practitioners.

In September 2010, the "610 Office" (an organisation of special agents just for persecuting Falun Gong) in Sichuan Province ordered Liangshan Yi Prefecture and Xichang City to hold a "Legal System Education Session" (actually a brainwashing centre) to "transform" [forcibly renounce Falun Gong] Falun Gong practitioners. This time, they used a different method and called it the "Healthy Influence of Education." What's different with this method is that the living conditions are slightly improved from those of a detention centre, and once in a while some CCP officials come to visit. However, the fundamental objective is still the same-- the authorities still try all means to force Falun Gong practitioners to write the "Four Statements" to give up practising Falun Gong, and they threaten to send practitioners to detention centres and to sentence them to prison if they refuse to co-operate.

On the morning of September 19th, chief Li Liang, Xian Qizhi, and Zheng Xiaoming from the "Stability Maintenance Office" in Liangshan Yi Prefecture, and deputy chief Chen Qi from the local 610 Office went to the Xichang City Middle School to make sure that released practitioners had not resumed Falun Gong cultivation. They claimed to have revisited all of the practitioners in Liangshan Yi Prefecture who had been detained previously at the brainwashing centre.

On September 27th, Falun Gong practitioner Zhang Yi from Xichang City was arrested by Tai Gangyi of the National Security Division. Practitioners Li Zhonghua and Guo Hongping from a tobacco factory, Guo Bin from a chemical engineering factory, Liao Ancai from West Village, and Xu Shaoqiong were arrested and detained in Xichang City Xining Brainwashing Centre one after another.

Ms. Xu Shaoqiong from West Village is a 28-year-old college graduate. She started practising Falun Gong before the persecution started in 1999. This August, her mother was admitted to a hospital due to abdominal dropsy. The family exhausted its savings, including money for food, and still couldn't cure her mother's disease. On August 22nd, the doctor told the family to prepeare for her funeral, as she could only live for a few more days. After her mother went home, Ms. Xu did her best to take good care of her mother. Gradually, her mother's health improved, and she could do some housework by herself. The neighbours also saw Ms. Xu and her mother taking a walk downstairs. This was an amazing thing, since she had been virtually given up for dead by the doctors.

However, on the morning of September 27th, a group of officials from the National Security Division came to Ms. Xu's home and arrested her in front of her mother. They confiscated her computer, Falun Gong books, a media player, and other personal items. Ms. Xu was then detained in Xichang City Xining Brainwashing Centre. Her mother lost her daughter's care overnight. She kept calling out her daughter's name and her condition deteriorated rapidly.

In Xichang City Xining Brainwashing Centre, Ms. Xu was worried about her mother and asked the head of the brainwashing center, Chen Qi, to be released so that she could take care of her. When officials from the city and province came to the center, Ms. Xu told them about her mother's situation, but the officials did nothing. Chen Qi would not let her return home unless she wrote the "Four Statements" to give up practising Falun Gong.

Ms. Xu's father and brother went to the brainwashing centre to ask her to quickly write the "Four Statements" so that she could go home to see her mother. Ms. Xu refused to give in. Personnel from the brainwashing centre then said that Falun Gong practitioners had no affection for their families.

On October 19th, Ms. Xu's mother died, without having seen her daughter since her arrest. As the news reached the brainwashing centre, Chen Qi was still pressuring Ms. Xu to write the guarantee statement. She firmly refused, and was soon released.

As Ms. Xu was walking into the doorway of her residential building, her mother's body was being carried down.

Chinese version available at http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2010/10/27/231563.html

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.