Airplane Engineer Unable to Work and Support Family After ID Cards Confiscated

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

Name: Liu Wensheng
Gender: Male
Age: 45
Address: Chengdu City, Sichuan Province
Occupation: Engineer

Date of Most Recent Arrest: Late 2001
Most recent place of detention: Xinhua Forced Labour Camp in Sichuan
City: Mianyang
Province: Sichuan
Persecution Suffered: Detention, fired from workplace, extortion, forced labour reform, beatings, shocked with electric batons, home ransacked.

Liu Yongsheng, an airplane engineer from Chengdu Airplane Construction, was forced into homelessness in 2007 after his department engaged in massive arrests of Falun Gong practitioners. His apartment was searched, and all of his identification cards were confiscated. They are still being held at Jiangxijie Police Station in Chengdu. Because of all this, he has not been able to maintain employment, bringing considerable pressure to his family.

Mr. Liu began practising Falun Gong in June 1999. Less than a month later, the nationwide persecution started.

Homeless for three years due to persecution

At around 9:30 a.m. on September 17th, 2007, Mr. Liu was called into the security department of his workplace. There were five or six police officers from Jiangxijie Police Station and some other officials, likely from the Chengdu Wuhou 610 Office (an organisation of special agents just for persecuting Falun Gong) and Wuhou Domestic Security Division, waiting for him. They forced Mr. Liu to have his picture taken and turn in his keys. He heard that they were about to transfer him to Xinjin, and he knew that this meant they would be sending him to Xinjin Brainwashing Centre. Over a period of a month and a half, twenty to thirty Falun Gong practitioners had been arrested from their homes or workplaces and taken to brainwashing centres, Xinjin Brainwashing Centre in particular, to be tortured.

After Mr. Liu escaped from his workplace, he chose to become homeless to avoid further persecution. His apartment was ransacked, and a computer, a printer, pictures of Falun Gong's founder Teacher Li, Falun Gong books, and cash were taken. All of his identification papers, including his birth certificate and diploma, were confiscated.

After Mr. Liu became homeless, a police officer named Wan went to all of the neighbourhoods where his parents had lived, and where they presently live, to ask the residents to call immediately if they saw Mr. Liu. Mr. Liu thus had to limit his visits with his parents and relatives. He could not get together with his family, even on holidays.

Because his diploma was taken away, Mr. Liu had to work part-time as a delivery man. He was unable to get other work for any length of time because he doesn't have his identification.

In September of this year, when Mr. Liu's mother, who is more than 70 years old, found out that he needed his identification to work, she went to the security department at Chengdu Airplane Construction with Mr. Liu's younger sister to demand the return of his ID. They were turned down. Then they went to Jiangxijie Police Station for his identification, but were also turned down.

Mr. Liu remains homeless to this day.

Initial two-and-a-half-year persecution of Mr. Liu

After the persecution in 1999 started, Mr. Liu was arrested, fired from work, and all his savings were taken from him. He had gone to visit another Falun Gong practitioner with materials exposing the persecution of Falun Gong about Falun Gong, and was caught by authorities. He was then forced into homelessness, simply because he would not give up his belief. He was persecuted in this manner for two and a half years.

On February 13th, 2004, while he was detained in Xinhua Forced Labour Camp in Sichuan Province, he was beaten and tied up because he shouted "Falun Gong is good," with fellow practitioners Zheng Fangjun, Li Yonghong, Wei Lang, Wang Renwei, Huang Changdong, and others. Another time, he was beaten by police officers Fu Weidong and Shen Rui, after he tore a Communist propaganda poster which slandered Falun Gong. The officers burned his lips, which later swelled up and were covered with a thick scab so that he couldn't eat for several days.

Chinese version available at

Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Twitter Logo Email Logo Pinterest Logo

You are welcome to print and circulate all articles published on Clearharmony and their content, but please quote the source.